Thursday, September 4, 2014

Home and back in the Swing of School!

We are back settled at home after our trip to Boston.  We had such an amazing trip.  Although Jacob's treatment showed discouraging news, we are still so thankful at how well he has recovered, and how well he is doing.  Here are a couple pictures of our trip home...


Ready to go!





It was a stormy day but we had a pretty smooth flight, though longer than scheduled because we had to detour around some weather.  We made it back great though, and got home to Chattanooga around 11pm. We were exhausted, but with only 5 days left of summer break for David, we threw ourselves into our big front porch renovation project.  David and his dad worked all week on it.  Here's the before...


and the after!




And were still working on some landscaping projects...


They did every last bit of work themselves.  I am so proud of them and absolutely love my new, updated porch!  They finished it in the 5 days, and we've just done finishing touches and clean up since then.  The kids started back to school 2 weeks ago now, and we are getting back in the swing of the school routine, homework, etc.  




Asa and Elena are already working hard in their new classes and I am so proud of them.  They are making new friends and enjoying school so far.  It was hard to see them go, as it's so fun having all 4 together, and if you can believe it, it's easier! They are so good and help me so much and play so well with the little boys, it's been an adjustment them being gone.



They're getting the hang of it though...




Jacob is doing so great though!  He had a rocky first couple weeks back as he got an ill-timed virus right after we came home.  His fevers and bad cough scared me, with him being so fresh post-op, but all his labwork and x-rays stayed clear, so we rode out the virus.  He is finally back 100%.  Jake has also really grown up since we returned.  He has become such a big boy, saying goodbye to his "binky"! This was a huge step for him, and wasn't near as difficult as anticipated, especially considering his baby brother still has one and they are laying around all the time.  He has done great with it, and it's great to see his sweet smile uncovered all the time.  He also has pretty much got the potty training thing down now.  He has been great keeping dry for a long time, but couldn't seem to get the #2 part down until the first week of school.  So huge milestone for him and for our whole family as we now are down to just 1 kid in diapers!!!  Here he is celebrating his accomplishment...


Luke is doing well, growing up, albeit against my will! ;)  He is not just walking but running everywhere and climbing on everything.  He is just quietly and systematically getting into everything.  He keeps me on my toes all the time! He is still so happy though and such a joy.  



Though so grown up I still see fleeting glimpses of my baby...



David and I are well.  David is teaching Algebra II this year, and so far really enjoying that new challenge.  I am so happy for him and proud of how hard he has worked to be such a good teacher.  He is also reffing football for the 2nd year, which he really enjoys. I am going back to school to get my Bachelor of Science in Nursing.  I am enrolled in the online program at UTC, really the only option for me, as I don't have time to attend classes!  There is no difference in RN's with ASN or BSN in practice, but it will keep my options open for the future.  It is something I have considered from time to time over the years, but circumstances have brought it to the front of my mind this summer.  It has been a rocky road to this decision, but I am trusting that this is the path I need to take, and that God will bless my efforts.  It is a leap of faith for me, and I am nervous to keep all the balls in the air I am juggling, most especially the precious one of my family.  David has been so supportive of this decision, and I know I could not undertake this if he weren't such a good husband and father.  Please pray for me to be able to have the time I need for my family, as well as be able to meet my work and school obligations.  I am trying to trust and not feel overwhelmed, though I currently do, and I am only wrapping up my 2nd week!  Please pray for all of us as I take this new journey.  Continue to pray for David and the older kids in their schooling, as well as me and the little boys at home.  Pray for Jacob as he grows and that he will continue to stay healthy.  He will have some imaging done here this fall, that we will send to Boston and make decisions on his upcoming care and treatment.  Please pray for healing for him, and stagnant growth of his lesions.  Most of all, pray that we continue to seek and enjoy Today's Miracle.





No comments:

Post a Comment