Thursday, January 22, 2015

Christmas Update...a little late

Merry Christmas everyone!  I know I'm a little late, but since I neglected my blog the past few months, I'm trying to bring it back up to date.  And since I didn't get Christmas cards out (again), here is our Christmas highlights...I had a glorious stretch off work for Christmas this year (which I will pay for next year), so we had my brother and sister-in-law and their family stay with us for several days, as well as celebrated Christmas with my whole side of the family first in the days preceding Christmas.






It was total chaos, with about 25 people there, so I didn't get many pictures taken, but we had a great time. After several days spent with my family, we had Christmas day at home by ourselves, a rare treat.  Here we are reading the Night before Christmas on Christmas Eve...


 And setting out our milk and cookies...



Elena was so excited to see what filled her stocking in the morning.  They went to bed well, but Asa and Elena woke up at 1am.  We told them to go back to bed.  They tried again at 3:30, and again at 4:30.  But I was not about to wake up the little boys at that hour, a surefire way to ruin their Christmas.  So when they were up at 6am, we agreed it was time!


























After a quick weekend of work for me, and playing with the new toys and games for David and the kids, we were off to David's parents to have Christmas with them. Again, with the chaos, I didn't take pictures of the gift extravaganza, but I took some over the week of the kids playing outside.  It was cold, but didn't keep them from spending most of their days outside as usual...
 










We had a great Christmas, I must say, I feel this way every year, but it was the best one yet!  I am so thankful for my family and for all of you who continue to follow and pray for continued miracles for Jacob, and for our whole family.  Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment