Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy Birthday, Elena!

My baby girl turns 7 today.  I'm not sure how that happened as she is still very much my BABY girl. Due to the Casteel men's desire to repopulate the earth proclivity for producing male offspring, I figured I'd be the mom of 4 boys.  I couldn't be happier to have been wrong.  This girl we were given turned our world upside down in the most beautiful way.  



 
 



Even as a baby and toddler she seemed to have her own unique way of looking at things.  





She is the most loving child I have ever encountered. She is the 2nd mom to her baby brothers and Asa is her best friend.








Most of the time when she gets to pick something out of the treasure box at school, she chooses something for one of her brothers. She truly loves them more than herself.  She is fiercely protective of all 3, and our family.  She treasures the times we are all together, and makes sure the rest of us do as well.  We don't play a game, we have FAMILY game night.  We don't watch movies, we have FAMILY movie night.  She insists she will never get married because then she couldn't live with us (just fine by her daddy by the way), and has shed tears on many an occasion at the mere thought of it.



She loves koalas, and I mean loves them like my family loves basketball. She wants to work at the San Diego Zoo because they have koalas, but says that's too far from her family so she will need to get the Chattanooga Zoo to get some because she will take care of them.  


She truly sees beauty and love in every day and every situation. Her wonder reminds me to not be in such a hurry, and to stop and see the little joys of each day.  


Her sweetness makes me watch my tone and remember to be gentle with her tender heart.  



Her gentle spirit amazes me and makes me hope she'll be like my mom instead of me.  And it gives me hope that as she grows up, we will have a relationship like I have with my mother.




I couldn't be prouder of you, sweet girl.  You make me so happy, and you make me laugh every day.  You are the glue of our little family.  You hold so tight to each of us, pulling us always to each other.  I love you so much, baby girl.  I look forward to watching your life unfold, and I know it will be a beautiful, joyous one.




No comments:

Post a Comment