Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jacob

So the big reason I started this blog, as we have found ourselves on a difficult path with our Jacob.  First, I'll tell you a little bit about Jake.  Jacob Rhys is our 3rd child, and has been our challenge from the start! He was my most difficult pregnancy, and delivery...and was a sick newborn (more on that later).  But after that, a good, pleasant baby.  He is now two and a half, and still our biggest challenge.  He is so much fun, happy, adventurous, and funny...





He is also stubborn, strong willed, mischievous, and high energy!  He brings laughter and joy to each day, but also has brought frustration and exhaustion to us as parents.  We were blessed with our first two being very quiet, easy going children, and we thought we had this toddler parenting thing figured out.  Jake has burst that bubble with his explosion of constant activity and strong will! I truly am thankful for the more difficult aspects of his personality now that we know that it is probable that many physical difficulties lie ahead for our boy.  I pray his strength of will and personality will keep him from being broken by any physical toll taken on him.  I think he is aptly named.  A dear family member shared with me recently..."I thought of how you named him and the legacy of his 'predecessor' having fought all night with an angel, until he got his blessing and his strength for his journey.  Tenacity and stubbornness combined with faith have fought many battles over time, and this one will be no exception."  May it be so, baby boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment